The history of DLDP
Our partnerships and collaborators
Since 2011, DLDP, in partnership with Venstre, has been advancing democracy through collaborations with liberal parties in developing countries. These partnerships include:
- 2011-2022: Partnership with the Centre for Multiparty Democracy (CMD) in Kenya.
- 2012-2013: Partnership with the liberal party Free Egyptians in Egypt.
- 2012-2017: Partnership with the National Restoration Party (NARP) in Zambia.
- 2016-2021: Partnership with the Centre for Multiparty Democracy in Malawi, in collaboration with the Socialist People's Party in Denmark.
- 2018 – present: Partnership with the Democratic Alliance (DA) in South Africa.
- 2023 – present: Partnership with CMD in Kenya in conjunction with the Conservative Party in Denmark, Social Democrats in Denmark, and the Socialist People's Party in Denmark.
- 2023 – present: A joint project with Venstre and the following Danish parties: The Social Democrats, The Conservative Party, Socialist People's Party, The Radikal Left and The Red-Green Alliance.
DLDP promotes democracy and multi-party cooperation by inspiring and sharing best practices. Various segments of Danish society have contributed to this effort by hosting guests on study tours in Denmark. Some of these include: (OBS: følgende ikke oversat til Engelsk – skal de det?)
- Care Danmark
- Dansk Cyklistforbund
- Danmarks Naturfredningsforening
- Danske Regioner
- Dansk Industri
- Dansk Ungdoms Fællesråd
- Din Forsyning
- Esbjerg Havn og Esbjerg Kommune
- Folkemødet på Bornholm
- Green Power Denmark
- Karen Blixen Museet
- Kommunernes Landsforening
- Københavns Kommune
- Odense Vand og Odense Kommune
- Nordatlantisk Hus, Odense
- Ringsted Kommune
- Skibelund Efterskole
- Stevns Kommune
- Vejen Kommune.
DLDP also sends resource persons abroad to support their partners on their home turf, attending meetings, conferences, and workshops. Some individuals involved in these activities include:
- Political leader for Venstre in Odense, Claus Houden
- MP and former Mayor in Gribskov Kommune, Kim Valentin
- Deputy Mayor and former Mayor in Stevns Kommune, Anette Mortensen
- Former Councillor for Venstre in Odense, Jane Jegind
- Former MP for Venstre and minister, Ulla Tørnæs
- Then Chairman of The International Committee at Venstre Youth, Sara Rønning-Bæk
- Then Campaign Manager in Venstre, Jens Husted
- Then Secretary General of Venstre, Claus Richter